Friday, September 21, 2012

An interview with a talented violinist …. Miss Kushmita Biswakarma

Miss Kushmita Biswakarma. A 20-year-old Kalimpong girl, a talented violinist, doing her Violin course in western classical music at the University of Music in Nuremberg, Germany, she says :

“I went to Germany in 2004 when I was only 13. After spending three months there, I came back for a short break. On my return, I told Father McGuire(founder of Gandhi Ashram School who died in 2005) that I did not want to go back. But he asked me not to miss such an opportunity. I thought about it and decided to go back,” said Kushmita.

Apart from learning at the university, she plays for the Bavarian Youth Orchestra. At the annual programme of the Jesuits in Germany, she had played with young musicians from different countries like Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay. “Only best young musicians are allowed to take part in the programme called ‘Sound of the World’,”

Now here is some moment with her…….

You’re Name Please:

Kushmita Biswakarma

Where were you born?

Nassey Busty, Kalimpong

You’re D.O.B. Please:

26. September 1990

Your Father’s Name:

Balbahadur Biswakarma

Your Mother’s Name:

Narmaya Biswakarma

Where did you do your primary Schooling?

Gandhi Ashram School

And your higher studies:

St. Josephs Convent, Saptashree Gyanpeeth, Hauptschule Edling (Germany)

Presently what are you doing?

I am studying music in the music university in Nürnberg, Germany.

How old were you when you first handled your instrument?

I was five years old when I first held a violin in my hand.

Were your parents supporting towards your talent?

They were happy to see my talent towards music and of course they did everything to support me on my musical talent as well as studies for they themselves had no chance to go to school and learn read and write. When they came to know about Gandhi Ashram School which was founded by Fr. McGuire, they were so thankful to him for giving me (and my two younger sisters) a big chance for educational and musical career! Not only my parents but also I myself, and all the colleagues of Gandhi Ashram School are very thankful to Fr. McGuire for showing us the real world and the new language called music to communicate and fight against the poverty.

Who was your inspiration towards Violin?

I got this big inspiration towards violin through Sir Rudra Mani Biswakarma who supported and guided me in the field of music.

How proud you feel being a first Young lady to reach such a height?

Of course I feel proud to have faced so many challenges in life. It was my dream to be a good violinist and to reach the dreams we need to know how to differentiate between good and bad influences. I always tried to do good and in this case all my thankfulness goes to my parents, Fr. McGuire, the teachers, my guest family Klein, and my good friend Songkit Lepcha who was always there reminding me about my dream and giving me strength to follow it.

Any Incident you had in your entire life that makes you proud:

Leaving my family and friends back in Kalimpong, going abroad in an unknown country with completely different culture, language and mentality! The big step which i took at my young age makes me feel proud.

What are your interests beside Music?

I am very social oriented person and I love being with people. I like making new friends and learning from the experience which I make day to day. I like going to cinema and swimming!

How do you look our Biswakarma Samaj in today’s generation?

I find it great that the Samaj is there for the people coming from our caste. It gives us the proudest of being ourselves.

Some message to young talents from the hills of our society

Follow your dream and try to do everything for it as this is the big chance which you will not get twice in life! This is a big challenge in life which will make you proud to have reached so far! Never give up!

Any message to our samaj?

Thank you so much for an interview, I hope we can do more better for the society people no matter poor or rich, in heart we are all same!

Leave your comment...
आफ्नो प्रतिक्रिया लेख्नुहोस..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...